Just wanted to share the cover of the next book in my teacher travelogue series. Watermelon is Life is about my experience as a volunteer teacher in rural Namibia. I plan to donate some of the proceeds to an organization which is trying to bridge the learning gaps in Namibia. School children are still in great need of desks, chairs, and textbooks. Will provide more information as the time draws near.
Presently, I've finished the 1st draft and am going over some revisions. Then I'll pass it around and have a few people comb through the manuscript. Hopefully I'll be able to publish it sometime this spring. :)
Saturday, January 5, 2013
- Get a full-time teaching job so I can start making an income.
- Publish the second travelogue book in my series. (Watermelon Is Life)
- Keep writing!
- Create a blog/website to serve as my primary platform to disseminate information about my writing.
- Spend a few weeks in the Dominican Republic visiting the kids at Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos.
- Get accepted in to graduate school.
- Start exercising regularly once again.
- Find a permanent place to live.
- Do some sightseeing around the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Make a point to visit some old friends.